1.03.2009

Blah Blah Blog

General Apathy has invaded. And here I thought I was a peaceful, sovereign state, but no. General Apathy and his battalions of laziness, procrastination, and special ops force "if I just don't do it, is anyone really going to notice" moved right on in and are setting up camp. I need to muster up the energy to kick these unwanted visitors out of my life, but I haven't quite gotten around to doing that.

So instead, I do nothing. I think about doing a lot. But end up doing nothing.

Note to self: Find a project before General Apathy appoints Major Boredom and they take you into the Great Depression.

This is my typical pattern. I'm a project girl. Like Brittney needs attention, I need me a project. And when I have a project, I am a girl obsessed and it gets all of me. When that project is finished, I usually throw myself into another project, take for instance the all-consuming kitchen remodel after which I jumped right into the all-consuming musical. By the time the musical was finished I was spent, but I really haven't done much of anything since then. And it's driving me crazy.

I know this isn't sustainable, but it's the way I've always operated. If my life is busy and hectic, I get more done because there's less time to do it. Counter intuitive? Nope, it's the procrastinator's way. If there's no deadline, and I can just do things at my leisure they won't ever get done, because at my leisure is NEVER. But if time is scarce, then I accomplish so much more because it just has to get done.

And usually, when I get to the stage I'm in currently, the stage where I just sit around and drool on myself because I just don't feel like doing anything, something kicks into overdrive and I start multiple (sometimes maybe too many) projects. I'm on the verge of that right now. But I'm not quite at that verge yet, so before I get there the couch is calling...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you can plan my wedding if you want:)

little ms. notetaker said...

Can I plan it from my couch? ;)

mike helminger said...

you could plan my pct trip.

Anonymous said...

You can plan some of it from your couch:)