12.02.2008

Making Virginia Woolf proud, but not becuase I'm about to walk into a river with rocks in my pockets. I'm just melancholy.

I'm exhausted. The week took a bite yesterday, gnashed me all up between its teeth and spit me out--and it's only Tuesday. My brain is simultaneously on overdrive and running on idle--and I'm no physiologist, but I think that means its about ready to explode. If it did explode here is the stream of consciousness that would be spattered all over:

Really? I still can't believe it. And now I don't know what to think. I can't believe I got all weepy eyed over a twix bar in a vending machine. But I can believe it. Ugh. I really don't want to get up and go to work tomorrow, I just want to sleep all day and if I do that, then maybe everything will be different, or somehow better, or back to the way it was. Agh. Work. Enough.

Hmmmm. Maybe we're not on the same page. Dang it. I kinda thought we were. But maybe not. Shut up, gremlin, you're fine. Things are fine. Yay, I unlocked "Livin' on a Prayer." Definitely today's highlight. Although it's really fascinating how intense I'm being and actually how much my perfectionism is coming out. That's the gremlin again. Damn, she's an ugly gremlin. And I think I'm a little too hooked by the bright shiny object. But really, greencard and no call? Gremlin, I mean it!

Okay, okay. Every thing's going to be okay, right? Oh, my house is a mess. I really need to get it in shape for the HGTV consultation. What am I going to do with everything? I sure was cranky tonight. Was? Still am. Blarg. I think it's time for bed. Maybe going to sleep will make this headache go away, and maybe I can just sleep all day.

I don't want to be on the verge all day tomorrow. That makes me tired and makes my eyes red and makes me eat two of everything. Oh boy. Hermie the elf, my favorite, is on tomorrow night. In high school, we had a teacher that looked like Hermie. I think I had a crush on him. In fact, I think I may have had a crush on him because he looked like Hermie. Oh my God. Really? Yes. I have always had a thing for nerds. Maybe watching that will make me happy. Maybe. I'm putting my faith in a stop motion animation bunch of misfits to bring me out of my foggy funk. What are "statements you can't believe you just made on the Internets?" That's it, I'm going to sleep.

4 comments:

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

Oh. My. Gosh.

I knew it. I always knew you had a crush on Ingy.

The rest of the post went right out of my brain when I read that. I need to reread it to comment further.

Dream well, friend. May Barney Fife meet you while you slumber.

little ms. notetaker said...

No not Ingy. LOL, but a whole different story about that one another time. It was that blond one from 10th grade. He maybe have been a student teacher. I can't remember his name, but he looked EXACTLY like Hermie the elf.

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

Okay, whew. Although, I think you DID have a crush on Ingy. And Ryan Slensker? HE looked like the elf. (Oh wait - he looked like the Rudolph elf, you know, the dentist one. Is that Hermie? I'm confused now.) Not that you ever had a crush on Slinkie.

Anonymous said...

We watched Rudolph last night. It raised all of our spirits here in Freezing Southeast WI. Your uncle used to sport Hermie's do.