6.25.2009

Strength

I'm down a reader today. But thankfully not permanently, and hopefully not for long.

Man of Iron is a very dear, very loyal friend. Many of you read about him when I was renovating my kitchen. I've always been so impressed at his tenacity for life--he lives it with incredible intensity and never does anything halfway.

I found out today that he was in a pretty bad cycling accident, and broke his femur. He had surgery today and will likely be in the hospital for the next few days.

Note to self: life is precious. Be thankful for each breath, each day.

Internets, please do your thing--whatever that may be, praying, meditating, running, hiking, singing, whatever--to send good vibes his way.

I know the road ahead may not always be fun, and it may have some interesting challenges, but you have the chance to see each day and face them. I'm so thankful for that. I'm thinking of you, friend.

1 comment:

iron said...

i'm workin' on it holmes.

step 1: baby steps to go to the bathroom with my walker.
step 2: resume full hiking and climbing activities.

did i leave anything out?