4.14.2009

I heart the Internets

Hey, Internets! You can call off the search party, Little Miss Notetaker is still alive. Life took a turn for the crazy over the past month and I went radio silent. There are no excuses, so I'll spare you, but I will tell you that I truly missed you, thought of you often, and even picked up a couple of souvenirs for you, a couple of reasons why I love the Internets.

Reason #1: Inspiration.

A few years ago, the Link posted this little number mentioning a blog that she regularly stalked. One read and I was hooked, too. If I only had access to the Internets for five minutes everyday, I would spend nearly all of that time lurking at dooce.com. She is irreverent, hilarious, eloquent, and real. And wow, is she popular. Promoting her newly published book, she came out to Seattle and I grabbed a couple of girlfriends to go see her. It was a packed house--full of interesting people like devoted mommy bloggers, Alaskan super fans, and even people that like to craft genitalia out leather and fur and give them as gifts. I love her candor and am admittedly envious of her courage to say what she thinks--and make a living out of doing that.

Reason #2: Inspiration.

This is just pure fun. There is so much that is fantastic about it. Seriously, watch this video! I'm not sure if it's the fact that only five notes played on the synthesizer make it even sound remotely like Thriller, or the fact that they keep yelling "Killer," but I can't stop laughing. I do know that the "moves" that are choreographed around the 2:48 mark... yeah, I'm studying those.

Thank you to the Link, and Mr. McMichael for sharing the inspiration. And thank you, Internets, for just being so darn awesome.

No comments: